antependium – I missed a bit!
One of the problems I’m having with the antependium project is finding a decent reference picture. For the top six roundels I found a picture on flickr which I can blow up and use for reference, but for the bottom three – the ones I’m starting with – I’m sort of stuck with making the best of the full page colour picture in the catalogue from the magrede exhibition.
It’s kind of a small image to be working from, and consequently I almost missed a tiny layer of detail – the madder red borders of the roundels are meant to be double, rather than single lined, and the colour alternates!
Good job I noticed before I wound the frame on, or there would have been swearing (Theres swearing anyway, everytime I get a knot – Branston say he’s shocked by my language sometimes)
Anyway, I went back and put the extra lines in – phew!