Tristram applique

Today I made an ipad cover based on the Tristram appliqué. I ended up binding the top because I experimented with a blanket stitched top edge and it really wasn’t working for me- unpicking might have shredded the edge so it was more sensible to bind it


I made it as a sample for the appliqué workshop on Saturday as I want people to stick to smallish things so they’ll stand a chance of finishing them on the day. I’m thinking ipad covers, small bags or little cushions.

~ by opusanglicanum on August 12, 2014.

6 Responses to “Tristram applique”

  1. Turned out well, I think – I’m rather taken with the dog!

    • I liked the dog too, he’s ridiculously cartoonish and badly drawn, and if you can believe it I actually tidied him up quite a bit from the original. Sometimes it’s really interesting how distorted something can be and yet still be recognieable

  2. oooo, I really wish I was doing the workshop with you!

    • I’d have offered to sneak you in but were at capacity already, both days have sold out.

      Unless you have any ideas for venues I could approach in your neck of the woods?

  3. Hope the workshop goes well – if the attendees make things as charming as that i-pad cover, they should go home happy and inspired.

    • I’m hoping they’ll get lots of inspiration from the exhibition. There could be lots of opportunities for styles getting mixed up, which us always interesting

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: