Stitch along materials list and kit option
I missed out the nekkid guy getting eaten.
I’ve gone for a biggish purse, about 7 inches square for the design area, as smaller is more difficult and I don’t want to make things too hard for any beginners taking part. It’s not big enough to be unachievable within our time frame though.
And the leopard for the reverse side will be a surprise.
The kit is listed on folksy and will contain
– wool ground fabric( please note that I will mark out the design unless otherwise specified) 2x12inch square.
– naturally dyed embroidery thread, enough for both front and back designs,braids, and tassels. Five colours plus white, if you’re using your own you want something about the weight of appletons crewel, nothing too heavy.
– linen thread for assembly
– wax for linen thread
– silk brocade or damask lining fabric
– silk thread to sew lining
– individual colour key
As with the baby dragons no two kits will be alike, since I don’t want two people having identical purses. Some will have minor variations, others will be entirely different colour schemes, so if you would like a red or green dragon, say so when ordering, or tell me here, otherwise don’t bitch when you get what you’re given.
Complete kits are listed on my folksy shop ( button in side bar) or comment and I can send you a paypal invoice. I’ve also listed a simple wooden frame of the sort I use for classes,( frame is uk only) some of the white ramie I use for opus Anglicanum, and some gilded leather strips for appliqué.
If you only want a kit for one side of the purse without the trimmings, leave a comment and I’ll sort it out.
I’m going to post each stage on the first Friday of each month between now and Christmas. So that’s September 5th, October 3rd, November 7th, and December 5th. That’s my time, and could be any time that day, possibly the day before if I’m going to be away for any reason.