Seriously cannot get a decent picture of the colours on this, it’s really rather pretty.
I decided to put three quatrefoils at the back for simplicity, since this part will be covered by a veil most of the time. The original intent was that all three would be sage green to tone with the border, but I ran out and couldn’t be faff end waiting for an order to arrive, so I did the other two in ivory and pink. I see this less as a cock up and more as a medieval solution to a medieval problem.
It’s not my best work, but it will look nice as what it was intended – a collar on a Norman frock.
Current favourite for the dress fabric is the camel hainsworths Melton you see to one side, although I shall defer judgement until next week as I’ll be veg dyeing a dress length of wool and if that looks nice I might go with that instead. The camel though has the virtue of not fighting with the embroidery, which almost everything else does. (I decided against the green diamond twill I bought specifically to go with this piece because I’ve decided it’s too coarse)
I’m going to keep the sleeves borders simple, just a yellow zigzag with the two shades of blue within, possibly with green foliage depending on how energetic I’m feeling.