In Greek this double flute is called an aulos, but I don’t know what it is in medeival.

I’m still loving his fat pink toddler legs though

~ by opusanglicanum on April 3, 2019.

7 Responses to “Aulos”

  1. my musician-husband says, it is aulos too. as this instrument was known since the ancient greeks…..

  2. I think it probably comes under the heading of “showing off”!

    • there are greek vase painting which clearly show the same instrument strapped to the face – presumably to make it easier to play – but the medeival depictions never do, and I saw a youtube vid the other week of some musicians trying to recreate ancient greek music, they didn’t have a strap either, it’s very confusing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: