King’s dream applique, finished
I was determined that having begun this piece for NOttingham last year, I was going to finish it for this years event if it killed me. So, I’m leaving for Nottingham in about an hour, and I finished it and hour ago!
And I did promise a picture of the manuscript that inspired it.
AS you can see, I have made minor changes to the layout. If I’d been drafting it on paper and then cutting a precise pattern for each element, I would have had room for the bishop who looms above the king’s head, but as I was working freehand and not bothering with any sort of pattern, I ran out of space for the poor chap.
IN many ways I don’t think this matters too much, but I did have a little bit of gold brocaded tablet weave I wanted to use on his mantle, and I’m slightly dissapointed that its still sitting in my bits box.
As you can see though, I did use up the green bit on the other bishop, as well as a small bit of silk brocaded. Gold brocaded tablet is such slow stuff that if was very satisfying to find homes for such teeny wee bits.
I did want more pearls though. The string on the three-headed bishop’s mantle were used as they came – I just anchored the string on which the pearls were bought and couched it down. I wanted pearls around the bishops cuffs and along the bottom of the king’s crown, but the beading needles I went out and bought were too thick for real pearls – I’ve ordered more off the net and am hoping I’ll be able to go back to them.
am hoping you can’t see the cat fluff too much. Gareth reckons I made this out of catnip, cos the boys couldn’t stay away from this thing – every time I turned my back one or other f the little swines was mucking about with it